There’s much more to being a successful bookie than just sitting back and collecting. In today’s high volume PC and mobile betting environment, one needs to stay on top of their game!
Players nowadays have more tools than ever to aid them in their never ending quest to beat the screen. Below are some tips that every good bookie should know.
1) Lean how to identify sharp players early. How do they bet and what are they betting? What patterns are you able to identify? Are you utilizing all of the Agent tools from your PPH provider? What IP’s are they using?
2) Establish a good working relationship with your Pay Per Head (PPH) representative. This person can be instrumental in your success as a bookie. A good PPH rep can provide you with all kinds of useful tips and back-end configuration strategies that can increase your profits dramatically while still keeping the games fun for your players. Even the most seasoned bookie can lean a lot from an experienced Per Head rep.
3) Provide fast payouts and encourage bonuses for your players.
5) Lower your betting limits/exposure on risky Proposition (PROPS) bets, Tournaments (TNT) and Match-ups (MU).
6) Charge players extra juice on teasers and when purchasing points.
7) Decrease your parlay (payout) odds. Your PPH provider should have the ability to do this. For example;
8) Raise your line offering price on quarters and halves. Example: 30 cents on halves and 40 cents on quarters.
10) Learn how to use the Agent Line Mover tool. This tool allows you to adjust any game on your board. This especially comes in handy when working with players that tend to wager on the local favorite, and you want to increase the spread or price, to keep your book positions as even as possible.